First Event Will Focus on Architecture, Virtual Production, Automotive, Telepresence, Avatars, Intelligent Agents and Digital Humans.
A new event tracking the growth of real-time technologies has pivoted from an in-person event to an online conference. Sessions at the RealTime Conference relevant to the Consilia Vektor audience include automotive, aerospace, architecture, and smart cities applications of real-time technologies.
Virtual attendees will be able to engage directly with both presenters and peers through a series of demonstrations and discussions, with live sessions timed to allow the maximum number of visitors from around the world. Sessions will range from topics like crafting virtual architecture in real-time and engaging customers with interactive experiences, to real-time pipelines in film — including utilizing media & entertainment previz for automotive design and production — and the making of digital humans. Experts will also discuss how companies can address the current world climate, and how real-time technology can prepare them for the future.
The April event will also feature multiple keynote addresses, beginning with a presentation and Q&A from Google VR’s senior staff engineer, Paul Debevec. Later that day, David Morin, industry management, Media & Entertainment for Epic Games and executive director for the Academy Software Foundation, will offer a look at virtual production in film and TV, including a special section on The Mandalorian. The second day will feature a discussion and Q&A with Sebastien Deguy, vice president, 3D & Immersive, and Professor Tamy Boubekeur, director of research, 3D & Immersive, both from Adobe.
Additional speakers include:
- Elizabeth Baron – Vice president, Immersive Solutions – Silverdraft; Former immersive realities technical specialist – Ford Motor Company
- Alex Coulombe – Co-founder – Agile Lens
- Shahram Izadi – Director – Google; Co-founder and CTO – PerceptiveIO
- Pol Jeremias-Vila – Lead graphics engineer – Pixar Animation Studios; SIGGRAPH 2021 chair
- Rob Legato – Visual effects supervisor and director/cameraman
- Kim Libreri – CTO – Epic Games
- Laura Longworth – Innovation and emerging technology lead AR/VR – Daimler Trucks North America
- Vladimir Mastilovic – Founder, Owner, CEO – 3Lateral Studio
- David Morin – Industry management, Media & Entertainment – Epic Games; Executive director – Academy Software Foundation
- Jan Pflueger – Founder & advisor – AdvisXR
- Dan Ring – Head of research – Foundry
A complete program for the April RealTime Conference event can be found here.